practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
discover Zakopane.com - travel guide to Zakopane and Tatra Mountains
OUR OFFER for individual tourists
Good to know before arrival
- The ski season in Zakopane usually begins in late December (around Christmas) and lasts until the end of March.
- Krupówki Street is the absolute center. You will find here most of the shops, restaurants, pubs etc.
- The various colors of the trails in Tatra National Park don't indicate the degree of difficulty.
- Local people (especially older ones) like to be greeted with
Dzień Dobry (Good Morning).
ACCOMMODATION in ZAKOPANE
This year's recommended EVENTS in Zakopane and vicinity
- April 30 - May 4 - Zakopane Jazz Spring 2013 United Europe Jazz Festival - the programme of the 10th Jazz Spring Festival Top Jazz Gala, the day of blues and Jazz at Krupowki.
- August 23 - 30 - 45th Jubilee International Highland Folklore Festival - it is one of the biggest Highland Folklore festivals in Europe, which features regional groups from all over the world. Additional attractions for tourists are interesting outdoor events organized in the
- September 30 - October 6 - Jazz Camping Kalatówki - unforgettable jazz concerts organized in the shelter situated in the Tatra National Park
news from Zakopane can be found on our Fan Page Discover Zakopane: