practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
DISCOVER ZAKOPANE.COM- TRAVEL GUIDE TO ZAKOPANE AND TATRA MOUNTAINS
SLEIGH RIDE in Zakopane and in the Tatra Valleys
SKI & SNOWBOARD COURSES for beginners (2-6 days)
Zakopane SNOWMOBILE trips and expeditions
QUICK START - half a day ski course for beginners
Good to know before arrival
- The ski season in Zakopane usually begins around Christmas and lasts until the end of March, however some small ski slopes are often open from the first days of December.
- The correct name of our town is ZAKOPANE (not Zacopane, Zakopan, etc.)
- Local people (especially older ones) like to be greeted with
Dzien Dobry (Good Morning).
- The various colors of the trails in Tatra National Park don't indicate the degree of difficulty.
ACCOMMODATION in ZAKOPANE
SLEIGH RIDES TATRA NATIONAL PARK and in ZAKOPANE
- SLEIGH RIDES in TATRA VALLEYS and ZAKOPANE - during your stay in Zakopane you should try a horse-drawn sleigh or carriage ride - you can enjoy it in Zakopane or in the Chocholowska and Kościeliska Valleys in Tatra National Park.
Discover Chocholowska Valley:
news from Zakopane can be found on our Fan Page Discover Zakopane:
If you need any information about our hometown you can ask your question here: