practical information on the town of Zakopane and the region (since 2003)
discover Zakopane.com - travel guide to Zakopane and Tatra Mountains
SLEIGH RIDES in National Park
Upcoming EVENTS in Zakopane
- December 14 & 15 - the official opening of the winter season
- January 17th - 19th: Ski Jumping World Cup in Zakopane! You can order entrance tickets on-line here >>>
- January 26th - Cross country skiing competition (Bieg Gąsieniców) - mass run, open for everyone
- January 31st and February 1st - The North face Polish Free-skiing Open 2014 - the International Polish Championship in Free-Skiing at Harenda ski centre.
Good to know before arrival
- The ski season in Zakopane usually begins in late December (around Christmas) and lasts until the end of March.
- The various colors of the trails in Tatra National Park don't indicate the degree of difficulty.
- Krupówki Street is the absolute center. You will find here most of the shops, restaurants, pubs etc.
- Local people (especially older ones) like to be greeted with
Dzień Dobry (Good Morning).
ACCOMMODATION in ZAKOPANE
OUR WINTER OFFER for individual tourists:
- SLEIGH RIDES - during your stay in Zakopane you should try a sleigh ride - you can enjoy it in Zakopane or in the Chocholowska and Kościeliska Valleys in Tatra National Park. Our sleigh rides are organized organized individually, in a day and hour chosen by you >>>
- QUICK START - all inclusive, half a day ski course for completely beginners who
wants to learn the basic ski skills as quick as possible to be able to ski independently. During our four hours ski lessons I teach you how to slow down, stop, turn and ski on the tow lift >>>
- SNOWMOBILE TRIPS, EXCURSIONS & EXPEDITIONS: different routes with beautiful views of the Tatra Mountains, modern equipment and professional service make everyone come back from our snowmobiles trips satisfied >>>
- Night (from 4pm to 9pm) Skiing / Snowboarding / Relaxing in Białka Tatrzańska - our special offer for foreign skiers and snowboarders, kids and adults, single, couples, friends and families. Those who are not skiing can join you and spend lovely evening in modern thermal pools and saunas Terma Bialka >>>
news from Zakopane can be found on our Fan Page Discover Zakopane:
If you need any information about our hometown you can ask your question here: